Issues with sensor bins can be caused by a variety of factors so please check the following:
- Ensure that the clear film has been removed from the sensor area
- Ensure that the batteries used are of a quality brand and are in place securely inside of the compartment. If these are inserted incorrectly or are loose this can cause problems with the function of the bin.
- Ensure that the product is turned on with the main switch on the back of the lid.
- When the product is switched on correctly please wait approximately 10 seconds before trying to use. If bin lid is working correctly, the red light should flash every 7-10 seconds.
- Remove the batteries for 24 hours to allow the system to completely reset. This normally will resolve problems with the sensor unit on the bin. We recommend that the batteries are removed for 24 hours to ensure that the charge from the batteries which is stored in the microchip in the lid is completely depleted so that the sensor can be restored to factory settings.
Please Note: The lid will not work with sudden movements, the sensors are designed to operate with slow assured movements.
If you are still experience issues having tried the above, please contact us with your order number, details of the issue and a short video if possible.