If water is coming out of the handset and the spout at the same time, please:
- Remove the spout
- Lift the diverter knob at the back of spout
- Check the diverter washer is still in place.
If this is not the case, then please check the water pressure. It may be that the pressure is too low. You will need to ensure that the minimum advertised pressure required is what you have.
- Please remove the diverter handle
- unscrew the brass gland nut
- replace the diverter assembly with a new spare
- Re assemble the diverter handle.
The diverter washer could be damaged.
To replace this:
- Lift the diverter knob using a thin adjustable spanner
- Locate the nut and unscrew the diverter
- Check the washer on bottom
- If this is damaged, please replace.
Finally, if the bath shower mixer is fitted with a ceramic disc technology, if your water pressure is below 0.5 bar (as recommended) and it will not hold the diverter knob in the open position, proceed as above and remove the diverter spring. Then reassemble the diverter.